This weeks updates include:
- Hermione's move to the pasture reuniting her with her piglets,
- Club station cool (what is it)... a shade cloth shelter for pigs when there is no other shade around,
- We are sold out of pork and share some lessons on ordering / selling pork halves,
- Chicken processing coming up next weekend,
- Weather has been hot and dry and the rain has come with a price,
- Shattered window and shredded turkey shelter.
A new segment called The Veggie Patch focuses on the vegetable gardens and gardening techniques we use (because you, the listeners asked for it!)
- Tomato planting, labels and harvesting,
- Basil planting techniques in northern climates
Farm U inspired by a listener comment on the use of antibiotics on the farm.
- Is the meat tainted?
- Why don't you want antibiotics used in livestock
- What constitutes safe or good use of antibiotics on a farm?