A update light week on the farm with:
- No poultry pens to move,
- Normal weather for a change on the farm,
- Turkeys and layers doing well,
- Pigs have their first weigh in.
In the Veggie Patch we talk:
- Greenhouse soil fertility and design,
- Low tunnel greenhouses you can build,
- End of garden season discounts.
In the Coopcast Community:
In this weeks Farm U we learn about the science behind preventing Botulism when canning vegetables.
- On a listeners suggestion Andy is trying Oral Ivy.
- Sheree asked about growing grain for chickens and supplementing them with veggies/greens from the garden.
- Brice suggested we invest in some livestock guardian dogs.
The bacteria lives in all soils and we talk about terms relating to it and defeating it when canning:
- Pressure and temp