Even though it's early Autumn we have still been busy farming this week!
Updates from around the farm this week include:
- Taking the last of the pastured pigs to processor and deciding who was going to stay with us!
- We touch again on the difficulty of sending respected animals to the processor,
- Getting ready for pork pickup with customers as the meat comes back from the processor,
- Dealing with turkeys - everywhere.
We take a muddy stroll through the veggie patch:
- CSA is done but still harvesting,
- Late planting reviews and opinions: zucchini, beans, lettuce, bok choy,
- Dried bean update,
- Greenhouse plantings update.
In the CoopCast community:
- Jennifer asked about feeding candy to cows,
- Constance wanted an update on the poison ivy drops (Oral Ivy),
- Chad was wondering what we do to winterize farm (waterer, shelter bedding) right now: coop, winter paddock for pigs