Updates around the farm include:
- We were featured on Libsyn's Rockin New Podcasts! - http://imake.libsyn.com/rockin-new-libsyn-podcasts-chicken-thistle-farm-coopcast
- The growing season is officially over with a hard freeze last week,
- We finished turkeys by processing the last of the Midget White Turkeys,
- We got our municipal water bill from over the drought months (WOW),
- Winter preparations are ongoing including cleaning out the chicken coop and starting to put the vegetable garden to bed,
- Farm stand review for the year.
This week we are having 2 related farmers choice segments about commitment:
- From the farmers side, what levels of commitment are required to your livestock, land and customers? We talk about this in relation to a listener email about his journey into becoming a farmer.
- From the consumer side, what and why are you committed to a farm or farmer? And how do your actions speak louder than your words when it comes to demonstrating that commitment?
(This episode was recorded on the eve of our 13th wedding anniversary, hence the commitment theme!)